Cubanelle, Melon, Ricotta Salad
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 2 small to medium cubanelle or banana peppers
- Flaky coarse sea salt
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, large ones torn
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata cheese, thinly sliced
- Very good extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Seed and peel the melon half. Cut it in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise on a diagonal. Trim and seed the peppers, then thinly slice them crosswise into rings.
- On a large platter, arrange a layer of slightly overlapping melon slices and generously season with crushed pinches of salt. Add layers of the peppers, basil and cheese. If layering a second round, remember to season with salt between the layers of melon. Crush several generous pinches of salt over the top of the salad, then drizzle generously with oil. Serve immediately.